Honoring the Brave: Military Appreciation Day
Join us on Saturday, November 9, for Military Appreciation Day from noon to 5 pm. (The Museum opens at 10 am.)
Veterans, active duty military, and Museum Members enjoy free admission.
• Train rides operated by the Roanoke Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society ($3 per person with admission. Veterans and active duty military ride for free)
• Free "poppy" cookies from Corbin's Confections for the first 250 veterans and active duty military
• Cactus Joe Train
• Roanoke Valley International Plastic Modelers' Society
• Display of military vehicles and World War II military uniforms
• USAF Thunderbirds F-4 Nose section for take-your-own photograph. Courtesy of Ben Gimbert. (Until 3 pm.)
• Red Cross' Operation Gratitude letter writing and card making station for deployed military.
• Photo Booth
• Crafts, games and activities for kids
Military Appreciation Day is generously sponsored by Scott Insurance. For more information, click here.