Showbiz marriages are notoriously short-lived . . . but the "Huffington Post" has put together a list of 20 Celebrity Marriages That Have Actually Lasted.
Now, even the STRONGEST celebrity marriages don't make it until "death do they part." Love could only keep THE CAPTAIN and TENNILLE together for 30 years.
So, we took the list and RANKED it from the strongest marriages to the weakest . . . starting with TOM HANKS and RITA WILSON, down through MICHAEL DOUGLAS and CATHERINE ZETA-JONES, who are currently SEPARATED.
Obviously, most of the "ranking" is entirely tabloid PERCEPTION. It's just for fun.
1. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, 25 years. This is subjective, but we're awarding them the top spot, for having what APPEARS to be a perfect marriage, without there even being rumors of any problems.
2. Michael J. Fox and Tracy Pollan, 25 years. It takes a strong marriage to deal with something like Parkinson's disease, and Michael has said he doesn't think he'd be alive without Tracy.
3. Bono and Ali Hewson, 31 years. Bono has essentially gone from an unknown musician to arguably the biggest rock star on the PLANET during their marriage, and it's still going strong.
4. Christopher Guest and Jamie Lee Curtis, 29 years. This isn't the most high-profile of celebrity marriages, but this year, it'll be 30 years, so that's notable.
5. Sting and Trudie Styler, 21 years. Would it be too easy to chalk-up their 20-plus years to their infamous appreciation for tantric sex?
6. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, 25 years. With all the ladies who are within six degrees of Kevin, the fact that he and Kyra have remained so strong is impressive. Maybe it helps that they're actually distant cousins?
7. David Bowie and Iman, 21 years. David Bowie's sexuality had always seemed, well, vague. So perhaps it's surprising that his love for Iman has stayed so un-ambiguous for so long.
8. David E. Kelley and Michelle Pfeiffer, 20 years. You never really hear anything about their marriage, which is a good thing, I guess.
9. Mark Consuelos and Kelly Ripa, 17 years. There's been a goofy tabloid claim or two about an issue in their marriage, but nothing of any substance. However, it was probably a good thing Mark didn't get the daytime co-hosting gig with Kelly.
10. Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor, 13 years. Is a 13-year marriage worth this much praise? For a celebrity, yeah.
11. Gavin Rossdale and Gwen Stefani, 11 years. They're expecting their third child together.
12. John Travolta and Kelly Preston, 22 years. It takes a lot to overcome the loss of a child. It's been five years since Jett's tragic death and as far as we know they're still happily married. Kelly gave birth to their third child a year after losing Jett.
13. Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker, 16 years. They don't address their marriage much, or the tabloid claims about its troubles, but last year, Sarah said she LOVED Matthew, and they're making a point by not discussing their private lives.
14. Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith, 17 years. There's been some speculation that their marriage is on the rocks, because Melanie isn't aging all that gracefully, and Antonio may be looking for some new action.
15. Warren Beatty and Annette Bening, 21 years. They get a slight demerit because there's been talk that they don't see eye to eye on their transgender son.
16. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, 17 years. There's been a lot of talk in the trashy magazines about their marriage crumbling.
17. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett, 16 years. In addition to being hounded by tabloid reports of their demise, some people have said that the marriage was a way for BOTH of them to hide their alternate sexualities.
18. Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman, 32 years. They got back together last year after separating in 2012.
19. Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, 31 years. They separated last year after Ozzy fell off the wagon, but they reunited after he got his act together.
20. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones, 13 years. Technically, they're still separated, although they've been spotted together recently, and there's been talk that they're patching things up.
(JEDIs: There are other long celebrity marriages that didn't make this list. Perhaps you could open it up to your listeners to suggest others that have lasted, while someone on your show double-checks the statuses of those suggestions online.)